I just joined IRONSCALES two weeks ago. Yes, you read that correctly: I have only been here for a few days and am already writing a blog about the inclusive workplace! Why? Because I get to be an advocate and energetic voice on behalf of all the “Scalers” - people like me and my coworkers who are always taking on the largest mountains, biting off way more than we can chew and never backing down to the challenges of making our customers safer while at the same time crushing the competition.
You may be wondering how diversity, equity, and inclusion ties into the Scaler way of working. Well let me tell you! Diversity is a term that refers to all our differences in family background, education levels or life experiences; it is about recognizing those characteristics as valuable assets. Equity stands for fairness - we are committed to creating an environment where everyone has access to opportunities regardless of who they are, where they are from, what they believe or who they love. And finally, Inclusion encompasses both these ideals: It means making sure that people feel safe around others with different backgrounds, so they can take advantage of new perspectives and opportunities to learn and grow.
My background in customer service has molded me into a becoming a very people-focused leader. This is why I am dedicated to creating an environment of inclusivity, a culture of appreciation, and leaving space for psychological safety to ensure that everyone feels comfortable at work. My strategy for ensuring IRONSCALES’ healthy growth is to focus on two key items; growing our current programs while developing our People Experience and recruiting diverse candidates who give us the varying perspectives we need to run our business successfully while making sure they are treated equitably.
Our people, programs, and organization at IRONSCALES all share our “SAFER” core values: Supportive, Ambitious, Focused, Excellent and Resourceful. These values are part of our DNA. I plan to thread these key concepts throughout all future programs and events.
- Supportive. Our team members are our toughest critics and loudest supporters. We respect and rely on one another to find solutions. We welcome hard conversations and challenge one another to push for the best possible outcomes. We win or lose together.
- Ambitious. We take pride in our work and never settle for anything but the best. We work hard and celebrate our successes as a team.
- Focused. We ensure that each of our actions is in the best interest of our people, our customers, and our company.
- Excellent. We set a high personal bar, believe nothing is impossible, and commit ourselves fully to the goal. Our curiosity and learning never stop.
- Resourceful. We work with a sense of urgency. If we see a gap, we take ownership, jump in and celebrate our collective results together. We deliver our best work on time, every time.
My mission as Director of Global Human Resources at IRONSCALES is to showcase our already incredibly inclusive and diverse organization, and to bring more beautifully unique individuals into the fold. I see it as my responsibility not only to keep us on track but also to help us climb even higher. So, I ask myself this question: "Where do we go from here?" I am so excited to have joined this rocket ship and look forward to helping us soar because I am already learning that we are Stronger Together.
To learn more about working at IRONSCALES, please visit our careers page at https://ironscales.com/careers/.